RHEDI is hosting a webinar series focused on Reproductive Justice and other topics essential to our work and mission. A recording of our initial webinar, featuring Monica Simpson, the Executive Director of SisterSong, is now available.
Reproductive Justice 101 Webinar
*Please note that the recording includes material from two different recording sessions, due to technical issues during the webinar.
After viewing, please complete the following short evaluation, to give us feedback on this and future topics, as well as your preferred days and times for future webinars! Click here to complete the survey. p>
RHEDI developed these counseling videos to serve as teaching tools. The opportunities for residents to see and learn from counseling sessions may be limited. These videos aim to model patient-centered, compassionate, non-directive counseling. Additionally, these videos aim to demonstrate reproductive health care as a part of the continuity of care family physicians provide their patients. An accompanying discussion guide is available for each video in order to help facilitate conversation and to deepen learners’ knowledge and skills about options counseling.
Here are some ideas to consider for implementation:
• Show the video during intern orientation, group didactics, or any other discussions about patient-centered care or general options counseling.
• Use PGY 3 residents to lead or co-facilitate the discussion.
• Involve a behavioral health faculty member to facilitate the discussion.
• Show the entire case once through and allow for initial reactions. Then re-watch, pausing after each scene for detailed discussion.
• Follow-up with role-play and observation exercises.